Published on April 4th, 2014 | by Laura Lee0
Family Easter ideas to remember Jesus: 12 Days of Easter
There are so many spring and Easter ideas, but few remind us of Jesus or cause us to reflect on His sacrifice and the hope of His resurrection.
12 Days of Easter
This is a fun way to keep the focus on Jesus this Easter while making it exciting for your kids. This is a play on the Resurrection Eggs that are usually shared all at one time. It will be easier for your kids to grasp one part of the Easter story one day at a time.
- 12 plastic take-apart Easter eggs
- Easter basket
- Permanent Marker to number outside of eggs
- Items to go in eggs with Bible verses:
- Small cup that will fit inside egg – Matthew 26:39
- Small silver coins (2 or 3 dimes) – Matthew 26:14-15
- Piece of rope – Matthew 27:1-2
- Piece of soap – Matthew 27:24-26
- Piece of red cloth – Matthew 27:28-30
- Small nail – Matthew 27:31-32
- Dice – Mark 15:24
- Jagged rock – Matthew 27:50-51, 54
- Piece of white cloth – Matthew 27:57-60
- Round flat rock – Matthew 27:60, 62, 65-66
- Spices (cloves, cinnamon stick, etc.) – Mark 16:1, Matthew 28:2, 5
- Nothing (empty egg) – Matthew 28:6
Number eggs from 1-12 with a permanent marker. Print Bible verse references on a piece of paper and insert in the appropriate egg with the accompanying item. Open the eggs one day at a time, in order, to share the story of Easter.
Hopefully this will spark your creativity and give you some practical ways to keep Easter centered on Christ. Have fun!